RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robert W. Avery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Oct 1996 20:38:54 EDT
Yes, Kirt, the pistachios have been heat damaged I'm afraid.  Bummer.
Check out Thomas Billings' excellent article on nuts at
"ftp://ftp.intergate.net/users/quinoa/vegraw/nuts.inf".  Believe it or
not, unless you buy in-shell nuts (and not even always then), the only
safe ones are organic almonds and organic peanuts.  You've got a good
"cooked food detector" there.  What's the clue?  No "stop" or what?

How about jerusalem artichokes for the garden?  I hear they're easy
(perennial), and I'm for anything that's easy!

MCSV also sells dulse and nori flaked; in fact it's cheaper that way.  I
have some.  I hope you order direct rather than pay retail prices.
(Maine Coast Sea Vegetables, Shore Rd, Franklin, ME is a sufficient
address.)