RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Paul Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 13:24:20 -0400
Hi Marjolien,

It sounds like, where you are, it might not be the right time for a
huge
leap to mostly or all raw foods. Stopping the sugar and limiting the
fruits
(and carbs overall), and eating a good serving of high-quality
(hormone and
antibiotic-free) meat or protein at each meal (this will cut sugar
cravings)
may be better for you right now. In a year or two a mango may be OK
but if
any fruits eaten alone cause such a problem now, and they used to for
me, it
definitely indicates the yeast overgrowth. I still would try to
include some
simple salads, but keep them small if they are not yet digesting well.

Later, when you get the yeast more under control and have the dietary
basics
of a whole-foods diet to where they are like a habit and not a
struggle, a
balanced raw foods and cleansing program might improve your health
more, but
trying to do a cleansing diet while you are still struggling to stop
the
processed food might not be the best thing, but rather just lead to
more
stress and discomfort.

Don't get down on yourself; it is pretty hard to change and you need
the
right support.

You might try this forum :
http://www.healthyawareness.com/Candida/
(however, my feelings are very mixed about the antifungal drugs for
Candida
often recommended, as they can sometimes backfire and lead to worse
problems
down the road. I question if they are ever really beneficial in the
long
run. Nystatin is relatively safe only if you are able to be completely
strict with the diet in terms of avoiding sugar, because stopping the
drugs
at the same time as cheating on the diet will often cause a major
setback
and leave one actually worse-off than originally - even Dr. Ralph
Golan
admits this. The systemic antifungals like Diflucan and especially
Nizoral
are very risky).

I mentioned the hazards of drug-based mercury chelation before - it is
tempting to want a quick fix to 'correct' your health in a few months
but it
generally doesn't work that way. You might check this site out:

http://www.dmpsbackfire.com/

BTW, what type of rice are you eating?

Paul