RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ryan Cormney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 May 1998 19:28:17 -0500
Liza,
Thanks for the tip and it is well taken.
We both had are moments of interesting exchange.  She is actually a
contributing factor to my consumption of red meats.  She takes an approach
to nutrition by looking at a person's food intollerances(inherited) and body
structure to determine a proper diet.  She was baffled by my body type and
came across as not having much of basis to work from in this matter.

At the same time she thought that my raw food adventures were off the deep
end and we did not reach common grounds in this matter.  She was quite
condescending and a not very pleasant as I spent more time with her.  I
didn't even try to talk to her about the consumption of raw animal foods,
she would have flipped.  I found that I could not give much of my knowledge
and experience, since she had formed a foundation that she was preaching
from that would be rocked by my understanding of nutrition.

I always share my experiences with those who are interested.  I even had a
friend try to eat raw for two weeks, just after talking to me.  This was
prior to me even really knowing the guy, and I admired his attempt even
though it was short lived.

I am not so much looking for a teacher, rather someone who has experiences
similar to mine that our shared knowledge can expand each others' horizons.
I could learn from their experiences, and they from mine.  There is actually
a small raw foods community in Santa Monica who I used to interact with,
we'll see if they are still around.  If not, no big deal, I'll have the
beach, YEs the BEACH, I'm a true Bum!

Sincerely
Ryan

>Ryan:
><<  I sat in with a "holistic" nutritionist who threatened to rip out the
>>eyes of the ice cream man for playing his rediculous music.  This was infront of
>one of her clients.  Now, how holistic is this?  Just one of many violent
>reactions she displayed in the  course of two hours.  I think I'll be leaving now,
> not ever to return, thank you very little. >>

>Just a thought  --  maybe you'd do a little better in San Antonio if you
tried to help out a little, instead of looking for help from other people. With
the holistic nutritionist, for instance, there's probably a lot she could learn
>from you. I've found that by putting my attention on "serving" other
people, a fringe benefit is that my life gets immeasurably better in the process. And