RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 May 1997 18:32:43 +0200 (MET DST)
bo7b:
> EVERY seed I've ever sprouted gives me a clear stop
> eventually, sometimes after eating pounds, sometimes after a tiny taste.
>  VERY original food?  My favorites:,  buckwheat, sunflower, peanuts, lentil,
> mung, rye, barley, garbonzo, etc.

For me, it is different: I do get a stop, but the taste changes
smoothly. It's rarely very pleasant nor very unpleasant, but the taste
can vary greatly from one day to another. Mung beans, for instance,
sometimes taste sweet, and sometimes bitter.

Other question: I found some Canadian wild rice (black, 3 times longer
than usual rice, and very thin). It didn't sprout -that confirms what
Tom says ("White rice, wild rice are dead and won't sprout"). It
tasted like a brand of tea I used to drink (I forgot the name, too
long ago). I wonder if it violates the "rule" to eat soaked wild
rice. To what extent is it "dead"? Is it dried at high temperature or
what?

Best wishes,

Jean-Louis