RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 1998 16:18:59 -0800
Hi everyone,

No, not 'waste' - probably a poor translation, one my very pet peeves.
Hope my explanation isn't too cryptic, but here goes - in TCM, the idea
is that "energy" (really means energy plus nutrients) that is
distributed to nails and hair grow is secondary; they are a secondary
system so to speak - they only get energy and nutrients only after
enough has gone to bone growth/maintenance.  Meaning that the energy is
first directed to your bones, and that the nails and hair get the energy
for growth only after bones are healthy and satisfied.  So, if nails and
hair are not looking thick, strong, healthy, with good growth, it is an
indicator to the TCM practitioner that the body has insufficient energy
and/or nutrients.  In actual practice, in TCM the kidney and liver are
said to be affected if nails and head-hair look poor and
diet/acupuncture is given to increase energy to liver and kidneys; this
does not include problems from toxic drugs, however.

regards
roberta