RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 22 Jan 1998 05:11:06 -0800
>in complexion, and much increased resistance to sunburns (I am very
>fair-skinned, yet I now am able to lay out for hours without burning).  I
>have been very happy and grateful to note these changes.
>-Ben

Dear Ben,

I read in a book called THE SUGAR BLUES that freckles and sun sensitivity
are  due to sugar in the SAD. If you get rid of the sugar, the sun
sensitivity goes way down, according to the book.

The book also says that the problem with smoking is not the tobacco but the
sugar. In the "old" days, tobacco was sun dried in a paleo type way, (no
technology) The "modern" way" is to cure it in a factory, using fans inside
a large building and blowing it dry, then curing it with [tons] of  sugar.

The book says that studies comparing the paleo tobacco with the sugar cured
show that the sugar cured is extremely harmful and the other is not. The
second largest consumer of sugar (after the food processing industry) is the
tobacco industry.

And finally, the book says that during four years in the l960's, the amount
of sugar in foods doubled!