RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Micaela Hoskins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Nov 1998 20:36:17 -0800
Ray wrote:
If you have a Wild Oats near you they have farm raised salmon, however there
is some controversy about their quality also

Ray,

Thanks for the hint about shopping for fish.  I am grateful to live in the
San Francisco area and have both Wild Oats and Whole Foods to shop at in
addition to lots of farmers and fishermen direct sales outlets.  I am aware
of the debate about farm fed fish and have personally decided that my
preference is for wild.  I would eat raw farm breed fish only in the
situation where there is no wild caught fish.  I feel that the farm feed
fish at this time are not feed a well balanced diet and therefore are
somewhat nutritionally deficient.  I have noticed significant difference in
taste and am partial to following Aajonous advice and stay away from farm
feed fish.

Micaela