RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 1998 11:46:02 +0000
Hi Peter and Kirt,

Peter,
thanks for the letter exchange Tierra True/Bruno Comby. Very
interesting. Side remark: is the name "Tierra True" a sophisticated
hoax here? The holy truth asking questions??? :-)

Kirt,
I enjoyed your description of Melisa's pregnancy and birth very much.

You wrote:
>Perhaps because my hormones are still piping "proud father" melodies
>through my bloodstream,

In my country we call this "head pregnancy" ;-) :-)

Kirt:
>need not claim Painless Birth or 400 year lifespans in order to

You got it wrong here. The number is 1000, not 400. :-)

>Yet she had two miscarries (at the same day of the tenth
>week) while maintaining a 90%+ and 95%+ raw diet. With the last (third)

I'm taking into account the possibility that the miscarries are perhaps
considered "normal" at her age by M.D.s. Although it doesn't sound very
convincing in her case.

Kirt:
>surely some hormones helping her out (more than my platitudes were ;)).
>Not painless childbirth, but never was she dealt more pain than she
>could handle...

I heard similar things from an instincto woman who gave birth to a
child in September 1996. Not painless but she could handle it. And she
was certainly more raw than Melisa speaking in percentages. When I meet
her again I'll ask about the time of the pregnancy and how she felt.
BTW: she is still breastfeeding her son and will continue as long as
she feels it is needed. Additionally he gets all the good things from
Orkos...

Some questions...
Did Melisa receive an injection to decrease the pain at the end of
the birth? Did the child receive any medical treatment yet? I read that
M.D.s treat newborn children immediately with some chemical solution
that is dripped into their eyes, allegedly to prevent infections.
At least in my country.

Kirt:
>Jaloa's placenta is in the freezer and destined for a durian tree, or
>maybe

May I suggest offering it to the paleofood list, perhaps directly
to Ray Audette? :-)

Kirt:
>My intent here isn't to boast. (Indeed, both Melisa and I kinda "like"
>that

Nobody believes it. :-)

Thank you for your detailed description of the birth.

Best regards,

Stefan

E-Mail: [log in to unmask]