RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Roberta J Leong, LAc" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 May 1998 20:40:31 -0700
Hi Lisa,

Lisa Walford wrote:
> Dear Janis and group:
>    I have often wondered about the Manna bread.  Is it truly raw?  Does
> anyone know what temperature it is heated at?  It is very convenient,
> yummy, and comes in several flavors.  I've stayed away from it though,not
> knowing it's history.

I assume you're referring to "essene bread" which in recent years has
been sold under a Canadian trade name produce as "manna bread".  It is
baked masticated sprouted grains.  It is cooked at quite low temps,
around 180 F for traditional recipes, just enough to dry it out and have
a crust.  Many people with other grain intolerances can consume these
OK.

regards roberta