RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gregg M Burton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Apr 1998 10:56:15 -0700
Hi Don!!!

> I cannot reach the page of Guy-Claude Burger
> http://www.umontreal.ca/~gaumondp/anopsology/
> It says: 403 Forbidden

It actually says:
-----
403 Forbidden

Your client does not have permission to get URL /~gaumondp/anopsology/
from this server.
-----
and so means just that.  So you might want to contact the Université de
Montréal directly and ask them what going on because it could be just a
simple Directory Setting Error.  The actual Directory looks there you
just don't have access from your Client - That means the Program you are
using - It's obviously needs some sort of Password or something.  If the
Directory wasn't there it would have said something like:
-----
404 Not Found

The requested URL /~gaumondp/anopsology/ was not found on this server.
-----
and so since it didn't you have a god bet that it's still there.

If you go to http://www.umontreal.ca/commun/suggestion.html - U. de M.:
Suggestions - You'll see who to Contact.  It actually says:
-----
Pages personnelles sur la page WWW de l'Université

Nous n'avons pas, pour le moment, de rubrique pour les sites personnels.

Gordon Macpherson et Françoise Audebrand
DiTER
Université de Montréal
C.P. 6128, Succursale Centre-ville
Montréal (Québec) H3C 3J7
Canada
C.-é. : [log in to unmask]

Date de création : 20 janvier 1997
Dernière modification : 6 mars 1998
-----
So it looks pretty Current to me.

I haven't taken taken French or been to France in about 17 years so my
French is a bit rusty but it seems to say:
-----
Personal Pages on the University WWW page

We don't have, for the momment, space(?) for personal sites.
-----
But maybe that's just for new Sites and I don't think applies to what's
already there.  I was a bit stumped on the word "rubrique" but I think I
translated it okay from what it felt like using the rest of the sentence
- I just looked it up and "rubrique = property *[noun-feminine]", so I
guess I did an okay job of translating - Cool!!! - But could I have a
Conversation? - Maybe a simple one!!! :) - "Où est le lavabo? Je pense
je nécessite pour moi trouver?" - God knows if I said it right.

Anyway, I hope that was helpful.

 - Take Care!!!

 - Gregg!!!