RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 1998 05:10:00 -0800
SF-LiFE, the San Francisco Living Foods Enthusiasts, held a raw/living
foods Expo last year - June 1, 1997, in San Francisco. It was well
attended (350-400 people), and a big success for us. I can now say
with some assurance that there won't be another Expo this year (1998).

However, initial discussion/planning is starting for another Expo in
1999 - with tentative date being sometime in May 1999. We want the next
Expo to be bigger and better than the last, with more food vendors. The
greatest weakness of the last Expo was that it was a food Expo that had
very few food vendors: one raw restaurant paid for a booth but did not
come, and another prominent local raw restaurant paid for a booth but
showed up for only one hour with very little food. Next time we want more
food vendors - serious vendors who will actually bring raw food to the
Expo - even if we have to exclude some previous non-food vendors (at this
time we don't know if that will be necessary).

We also hope to have more speakers (assuming we can get space), and a larger
variety of speakers. The non-veg side of raw foods was given little time at
the last Expo, due to the sensitivity of the group that helped us reserve the
space; this time that won't happen. I would also like to have speakers on
more types of raw diets, including diets not represented at the last Expo:
Paleolithic, Hallelujah, raw zone, possibly a few others. This of course
is subject to future discussions (and speaker availability).

That's about all the news there is now. A planning meeting will soon be
announced in the SF-LiFE newsletter. Will provide further details as
info becomes available - but it will be some months before planning begins
in earnest.

P.S. separate subject: the SF-LiFE web site is back up but is under repair.
Will advise when it is back in full service.

Regards,
Tom Billings