RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Michele Deradune <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Aug 96 22:09:40 CST
In answer to the Super Blue Green Algae questions:

Cost to become a distributor:  $25 (or can vary depending on if you combine
your distributor fee with a special "package" order)

What does alkalizing do for the body?  Well, most raw foods are alkaline in the
body.  It is the acid-forming foods which cause so many body upsets, including
acid indigestion.  (And interesting note:  I read that canned orange juice is
acid in the system, whereas fresh-squeezed organic orange juice turns alkaline
in the system.)  There is an interesting book which I unfortunately loaned out
(and never got back!) with the title _Alkalize or Die_.  I would love it if
someone reading this and has that book would give us a few quotes out of that
book!

What is Alpha Sun?  It's the term the Super Blue Green Algae company (Cell
Tech) calls their "regular" algae.  There is another form of the algae which
they have put through a much finer sieve which they call "Omega Sun" which
costs more and supposedly has more effect on things like the brain (the idea
being that the finer particles of the Omega Sun get through to the brain more
or some such).  I almost never use anything but the Alpha Sun, mostly because
it's less expensive!

Regarding cost of Super Blue Green Algae (SBGA) use:  It depends on how much
you consume, of course, on how much it costs.  I find that 4 capsules a day is
a good amount, and using that much costs me less than a dollar a day -- maybe
75 cents a day?  Can't remember exactly.