RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Sun, 1 Feb 1998 06:23:04 -0800
Internet preface to April and October 96 Brian Clement Lecture notes:

The April notes were released only once before on Internet, Spring 1996.
This is the second release.

I believe the October 96 notes were never released on Internet (only in
the SF-LiFE newsletter, as I was not active on Internet at that time).

Please note that I am merely the distributor, and not the originator of
the views in these notes. The October 96 lecture contains a comment on
instinctive eating that many instinctos will diagree with. (Please don't
hassle me about that - I'm just the reporter!)

is still using them? I don't.
Quite another thing are embedded objects or
downloaded files. Your computer software can
catch viruses by loading documents that
contain malicious macro code or by executing
software from dubious sources

Tom Billings

Posting/Copyright Notice: This post is approved for posting on raw-food,
veg-raw, living-foods, Intestinal Health, and the Paleo diet e-mail lists.
It is also approved for M2M, "Health & Beyond" (and web site), and "REAL News".
Posting on any other list/website, or publishing in any other manner requires
advance approval.  Those portions of the post below written by me are also:
Copyright 1998, by Thomas E. Billings; all rights reserved.

BRIAN CLEMENT LECTURE - 4/27/96
Notes by Tom Billings

Brian Clement, Director of Hippocrates Health Institute, located in West
Palm Beach, Florida, gave a talk on Saturday April 27, 1996 at the San
Francisco Whole Life Expo. The talk was titled "Anti-Oxidants in Whole
Living Foods"; however it was really a more general talk on living foods
lifestyles.

Brian speaks quickly, and my notes contain only a portion of his excellent
talk. If you have the chance to her him speak, it is certainly worthwhile!
There was little redundancy with his talk last year, so I am typing up
my notes so they are available to others. Also, the notes are given here
without any editorial notes/comments from me. I hope you find this of
interest!

Notes.

Brian began in his usual style - by asking the group to sing along with
him. He then discussed the early days of Hippocrates, with Viktoras and
Dr. Ann. Although Hippocrates is best known for helping critically ill people
regain their health through diet and lifestyle, the current customer base
is approx. 50% healthy people who want to stay healthy, and live better
quality lives.

Brian has a new book in progress; the topic is increasing personal
energy levels; also a new recipe book is in progress.

Brian defined living foods, (for those in audience who didn't know), as
foods that are vegetarian and raw. Each food has a different energy
vibration level. Hippocrates is working on developing ways to match an
individual`s energy needs with the energy levels of foods. In a new book
to be published in June, "Living Food", there are (color) Kirlian photos
of food, showing their energy levels. A piece of raw romaine lettuce has
a small aura, 0.5 inches around it, of green color - a moderate quality
living food. The same lettuce, when cooked, has no aura = no energy.
Raw sunflower greens, and wheatgrass, have large auras, 2 feet around
them, and the aura has the colors gold, white, and purple. The same
items, after being cooked, have no aura. Raw meat shows brown energy,
going in; cooked meat has a black aura - it sucks energy from you.
This shows that you don't have to eat meat for it to drain your energy!

Generation X is sicker, on a per-capita basis, than people 65+ years of
age. The 65+ group has more life threatening disease, but generation X
has more general disease - things like AIDS, chronic fatigue syndrome,
etc. Brian then briefly discussed the rise of new diseases; he said that
AIDS might mutate into an air-borne disease at some time in the future.

Today people want to go beyond health, to find happiness. If you are
ill, you should be on a 100% raw food diet, for 1.5+ years. Approx. 97%
of people who go on the Hippocrates diet get well within 1.5 years, 3%
need longer. Hippocrates has blood profiles done, at beginning and end
of their stay at Hippocrates, for all visitors. They are building a data
base for study.

If you are well, you can eat 75% by weight raw foods, mostly greens and
sprouts, and a maximum of 25% *clean* cooked foods (steamed veggies,
pasta). You should consume, twice daily, two green drinks (12 ounces);
the drink should be 50% green veggies (NO carrot juice - too much sugar),
and 50% sprouts. Thus at a meal, you can drink 16 oz. green drink, eat
0.5 lb. salad, and then you can eat 0.5 lb. clean cooked food if you want;
this gives 25% cooked by weight.

There are lots of benefits from wheatgrass; similar benefits come from
kamut grass, spelt, barley, rye; might get same benefits from lambsquarters,
other bitter weeds such as dandelion greens. A recent Israeli study found
certain anti-oxidants in wheatgrass that attack and kill cancer cells,
while promoting red blood cells and hemoglobin. Wheatgrass and sunflower
greens provide complete protein.

Vitamins are not important. Even on a junk food veggie diet, you will
get all the vitamins you need. Minerals are important. You should consume
sea veggies 3-5 days per week. If you don't like the taste, take them in
tablet form. The most important element is oxygen, as you will quickly
die without it. You get this from breathing; oxygen levels are down 50%
from 100 years ago. Also, you stop breathing when under stress - and there
is a lot of stress in modern life.

You need enzymes! Enzymes give food the aura, the electrical field. Raw
foods are charged, and can attract enzymes. (A Nobel Prize was awarded
early this century for research that showed that the electrical charge
attraction of enzymes enables digestion.) Why do we age? Cells die every
day but if you are healthy, you grow new cells. After 20, you are in
trouble if you don't eat raw food. Aging = cells die and are not replaced.
What you create in the body <=> your attitude, your faith (not necessarily
religious faith). Recovery is first and foremost a spiritual process;
the physical matters are secondary!

Fruit. Fruit is NOT the ideal diet. We learned this the hard way. We
noticed that people with certain diseases - diabetes, candida, hormonal
cancers, and others, did *not* get well when on a diet that was high in
fruit. We had to abandon fruit, and it created political problems for us,
as we foolishly recommended it for years.

Modern fruit has 30 times the sugar level of its wild ancestors. This is
because fruit is hybridized for sugar content; we are all addicted to
sugar. The 2nd problem with fruit is the pancreas. 100 years ago, we
consumed 2.5 pounds of sugar per year; now we consume 124 pounds per
year. There is no difference between fructose from an orange, and
from a sugar beet. California carrot juice is too high in sugar also;
1 quart has 0.5 cups of sugar in it.

Get off fruit! If you are *very* healthy, both physically and emotionally,
you can eat a maximum of 15% fruit. That means 1 apple juiced, with 1
cup water added, not 6 apples juiced to make 1 cup of pure juice.

Rejuvelac. We used to call it rejuve-rot. It is not a Hippocrates invention,
it is a traditional drink from the Baltic countries. We used it in the
past because we thought it had lacto-bacteria. We paid for a study on
rejuvelac; we naively thought the fermentation would always be good
bacteria. The study found that this was not the case; 40% of the batches
tested were good, 60% were bad. Also, you cannot tell by the smell if the
bacteria are good or bad. Instead, you can use acidophilus supplements,
and they can be taken as implants also.

Q: Are there any veggies you cannot eat raw?
A: No. You should eat spinach raw. Don't eat raw rhubarb or white potatoes
(hard to digest). All other veggies should be eaten raw, not cooked.

Q: What about meat?
A: In cooked meat, the fat molecules burst and are carcinogenic. That is
true for vegetable oil also, including olive oil. Meat is not a complete
protein. There are 8 times the protein deficiencies among meat eaters
compared to vegetarians.

Q: Are sunflower sprouts/greens toxic?
A: No, that is complete nonsense. People eat sunflower greens and recover
from serious diseases.