RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ellie Rotunno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 May 1997 19:38:03 -0700
Deborah Boyar wrote:

> You might have some blood testing done and see if your immune system is
> challenged, and do a stool sample test to see what they find, if
> anything.  After watching Zephyr nearly die, I consider your reaction
> intelligent rather than hypochondriacal.
> Thanks Deborah and Stefan,

I appreciate having a place to release my hysteria. It's part of my
emotional healing to let it out. The symptoms have been incresed BM
(which may have been from the cassia, and I'm stopping it for a while),a
slight woozy feeling, maybe warm in the head, and ringing in the ears.
These were what I had when I had an amoeba after a trip to China (on SAD
then). After a year and many negative tests I found a doctor who knew how
to test and I took strong antibiotics. I pulled out his name yesterday
and if I have any increase in symtpoms or they don't subside, I will go
to him. I recently had blood tests, which my doctor thought were fine.
I'm hoping it's all a detox of old stuff, but I won't play around if it
persists.

Thanks Peter for the references. There is a correlation between the
hypersecretion of cortisol and depression. People with mental problems
alternate between depressive and excitatory symptoms. Physiologist have
discovered that cortisol and other glucocorticoids, whose secretion from
the adrenal cortex is mediated by the hypothalamus, appear to stabilize
the membranes of lysosomes (including lysosomes in neurons) so that they
do not rupture so easily. Since it is the lysosomes that break, releasing
hydrolytic enzymes, that begin a detox crisis, cortisol may contribute to
preventing or ending a detox crisis. Excitatory symptoms of mental
illness are detox crises of neurons. A poor diet would increase the
original toxicosis, and a good diet would help the detox process.

I think we are all good mothers to be so caring of the children within
each of us who are instinctively trying to survive, and I wish you all a
happy Mother's Day.

My best, Ellie