RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Apr 1997 17:30:37 -0500 (CDT)
Tom said:
>An interesting point. I vaguely recall looking at the abstract of
>research that compared fecal bacteria of (raw?) food vegans and
>conventional diets. There were differences, but I don't recall
>details. Perhaps if I have some time in the future, I will try to
>re-locate that study.

It would be very interesting indeed if we could dig up this research.
If you have any pointers, let me know and I will help you try find it.

>drank nearly a quart of orange juice before going to bed, for several
>weeks (it was dumb, but I was younger then). Result: more sleep, and I
>actually gained weight on late dinners of orange juice!

The matabolism of the body is very low at night which is probably why
Bernarr is able to maintain his 210 lb body weight despite eating only
one meal daily. Still, it must be one hell of a meal.:-)

Tom:
>Internal ejaculation will have about the same effects on the system as
>normal ejaculation. There are Tantric practices one can learn to fully
>retain all sexual fluids during sex, but finding a qualified, genuine
>teacher of those methods could be difficult.

Makes sense. I just wonder how the tantric practices avoid harming the
body. Mantak Chia, the famous tantric teacher, will be giving a talk in
Los Angeles at the of next month. I will try to attend it and if I do,
I will report back with his answer to this question.

Best, Peter