RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 1998 07:31:22 -0600
>Hopefully, that goes both ways.  Of three cancer patients I have been
>following on his diet, one is now dead and two others are in critical
>condition.

I really can not reply to this, if this is your experience with the diet.
Sorry to hear about that.  Was Aajonus actively consulting with these
patients?

>It is no wonder if Aajonus is having a hard time getting standard medical
>funding
>since he so far has been unable to document any of the case stories of the
>3000-4000 patients he claims to have been helped/cured.

I am trying to find this documentation myself, right from the horse's mouth.
It is my goal to develop a directory/community of people with long-time
experience with the raw regime.

>However, I hope
>you will share with us everything you know about this study to be conducted
>in New York.

I will as soon as I can.  Now I simply know that a controlled (don't know if
it's open or double-blind) study is planned.

>I have had the hardest time tracking down
>patients of his even in Los Angeles where he lives. They are so publicity
>shy that even the most devoted Aajonite  cannot help but to begin to wonder
>if many of them exist in the first place. ;-)

Like I said, I'm in the process of contacting and asking some of these
long-time raw/raf people if they would be willing to share their experiences
on the live-food website.

>Apart from reading his book which is very light on factual information, it
>is not clear how you suggest going about [learning more].  Unless, of
course, you
>believe that the burden of proof rather than being on him is on those
>skeptical of his many unfounded claims? ;-)

I have to say that I do not wish to carry on this back-and-forth "burden of
proof" placing.  I realize full well that I came in here, guns a'blazing,
excited about the diet.  Although myself and my friends have had great
experiences with the diet, I now realize that there are plenty who are still
[righfully] skeptical about the diet.  I have no cross to burn, no axe to
grind.  I feel quite nailed to the wall at the moment.

The book was originally great for me; it was one of the first raw books I
encountered, freeing me from much of the doom-and-gloom attitude I had about
my chronic illness.  Since then I have read just about any raw material I
can get my hands on.  I do realize that more detailed, readily accessible
information on Aajonus' regime is desired; that is what I am trying to
eventually provide in my site.

I will be glad to share more information about what I find but for now I
think I'm going to remain removed from any further debating on the veracity
of Aajonus' work.   It's not my place.  It works for me right now, and in
the present that's good enough.

Thanks for your thoughts, Peter.

Best regards,

-Ben