RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Apr 1997 13:11:30 +0200 (MET DST)
Our ancestors began to eat scavenged meat at least 3 million years ago,
whereas animal milk's consumption began 9000 years ago. There has certainly
been a partial adaptation (some populations are more lactose-intolerant
than others), but humans are probably not perfectly adapted to milk.

A few days ago, I decided to experiment raw milk, to see what would
happen after 5 months of dairy-free diet. I found a bottle of organic
raw cow's milk. It was 12 a.m., and I hadn't had breakfast, so I was
hungry. The milk tasted pleasant, I drank it quickly. The first signs
of repletion came at 80% of the bottle, but the taste had barely
changed (not very different from pasteurized milk). I decided to
finish the bottle anyway (no waste "instinct"?). I stopped my lunch at
that point, and waited to see what would happen

At 1:30 p.m., I felt an urgent need to go to... the toilet. It was
really liquid, almost as fluid as milk (but not really the same color).
And I returned 4 or 5 times to the toilet during the next 3 hours.

Possible hypothesis :

1) Instinct is not efficient with raw milk: there was no (or minimal) taste
change, whereas the milk was obviously undigested.

2) My sense of taste was corrupted by many years of pasteurized milk
drinking; my body incorrectly interpreted the taste as pasteurized milk,
instead of raw milk which is less digestible.

3) I drank too quickly.

4) The milk was too cold.

5) I drank too much, I should have listened to the early signs of
repletion.

6) Diarrhea is a "useful illness", my intestine needed some cleansing.

Best wishes,

Jean-Louis