RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Feb 1997 21:07:22 -0700
>I know that I will have to go for aged and cured RAF (I'll start with fish).
>But I have to be discreet about it, or I'll have serious marital problems.
>I plan to get an Excaliber dehydrator, then hide my experiments inside  it.

Ha! It's not _that_ bad. ;)

>I confess that after Julia mentioned that the men at Pangaia are "buff"
>because
>they eat lots of raw meat, I went out and tried a little raw beef. It was
>the most disgusting thing that I had ever done in my life. The taste stayed
>in my mouth for a few days, accompanied by stomach cramps. There - I got it
>off my chest.

Welcome to the wonderful world of improperly raised cows...

Jeez, Roy, you can't eat regular meat from the store, my man! Even the
stuff that's supposed to be "naturally raised" (Harris brand down here) is
junk. Just because it doesn't have antibiotics/hormones in their feed
doesn't mean its OK. You need _pastured_ animals (maybe "topped off" with
grains, maybe) and they just ain't to be found easily in the good ol USA...

>I think my next foray into meats will probably be chicken, after ample use
>of the forthcoming dehydrator.

A bird or some sort from Polarica might be the ticket. I've eaten Shelton's
chicken but was not impressed. You might be impressed with sardines if you
can find em, and you'll save big bucks relative to sashimi grade tuna...

Remember, there's no rush (except after eating RAF, eh?) :)

CHeers,
Kirt