RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 1997 21:41:53 -0600 (CST)
Monday evening Aajonus Vonderplanitz was available for a question and
answer session at a social & networking gathering in a private home in
the Los Angeles hills. David Karas, our raw-food list owner & I,
attended the event, however, neither of us took notes so I am having to
rely on my poor vegan memory as well as I can:

1) Dried & frozen meats are non-optimal foods as the conservation
processes cause too great enzyme losses. 2) Commercial meats are OK as
long as they are eaten raw. If cooked the toxins that would otherwise
pass through the system encapsulated in fatty tissue, are released
causing harm to the body.  3) Organ meats & bone marrow has to be
organic as these parts otherwise contain large amounts of concentrated
toxins. 4) Parasites found in raw meat feed off decaying matter in the
body and are nothing to worry about. 5) Eggs have to be natural or they
will be too contaminated with unbeneficial microbes. 6) 5 % of his
clients go 100% raw and remain that way, while the rest are 95% raw
through the initial stages of the program and 75% raw when on a
maintenance diet. 6) 2 years is the average time it takes for somebody
to regain their health on the program. 7) Aajonus looks very
 fit & muscular yet never works out or exercises except for a little
roller blading every one or two months. 8) His diet consists of 2-3
pounds of raw meat daily with a some dairy and vegetable/fresh herb
juices. 9) Vegetarians/vegans often have exhausted adrenals, low
tolerance to stress and easy to anger and aggression. 10) Depending on
ones blood type (acidic or alkaline - maybe other categories I do not
know) one can after the initial healing stages maintain good health on
a raw diet fairly low in animal foods though most seem to do best with
a diet consisting of  50% raw meat. 11) If my memory serves me right
seafood & fruits play quite a small part in this program. 12) The zone
eating plan is a good diet if done raw. 12) Ones sexual appetite
increases many fold on the diet. 13) Instincto is for most people an
unattainable ideal as they have been raised on cooked foods and are
living in such unnatural environments. They would have to go through
decades of healing on his diet before they would be ready to transition
to instinctive eating.

Aajonus a very likable and peaceful man held the audience of 25 mostly
vegetarian types spellbound with his compelling & powerful testimony
sprinkled with American Indian anecdotes, and even though I agree with
some of the initial points Kirt's made about him, along with Bruno
Comby & Ronald Schmid I consider him the worlds leading authority on
raw foods. Most vegans would surely melt in his company and my
remaining days as a vegan are now rapidly coming to a close. Quiz: What
do Aajonus, Bruno and Ronald have in common. Answer: Their attitude to
parasites which they, depending on the circumstances, believe  are
either harmless or have a beneficial, healing effect on the body.
Aajonus program is quite close to Ronald Schmid's Paleolithic diet but
with a stronger emphasis on raw, and compared to instincto it is much
higher in animal foods.
Aajonus is a very busy man but told me that he now and then will
respond to some of the posts on raw-food. He has not subscribed but I
will forward any messages to the list that might come from him

Best, Peter