RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 30 May 97 01:42:46 -0000
Peter:

>Zephyr: What are the names of the two stores in Santa Barbara & San
>Francisco that you mentioned have fresh, high quality RAF and how do
>they compare to the Santa Monica Sea Food Co. on 12th and Colorado in
>Santa Monica?

I'd ask Christopher Morrill for the SF scoop.  As for SB the two stores
are Lazy Acres (a store like Whole Foods) an City Market, which
specializes in obtaining chemical free or cleaner meats.  The Sea Food
place is more deluxe looking and I think carries more variety, they also
probably get the fish two to three hours fresher as ours is driven up
from LA.  But, they don't sell land animals, correct?  That's the big
difference as far as I'm concerned.  One of the very best fishes is
Yellow Tail.  City Market stocks one fresh from Fiji!  It doesn't age
well though; it must be eaten pronto or it spoils.  This is unusual as
most fish lasts one to three days longer and dries some before becoming
bacteria brunch.  Lazy Acres also carries certified organic beef.  They
have an exclusive contract with the grower.  They also sell Manning's
natural.  Which is fed uncooked grains and legumes to fatten them before
slaughter.  These aren't organic feed, though I imagine their acres of
lawn is.  As I recall, the counters at SMSF were to tall and wide for
easy smelling:-(  Does that answer you.

Happy Summer,

Zephyr