RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 1997 07:09:06 -0600
Hi Ellie!

And WELCOME to raw-food! First Bo7b and now you. My week is made twice ;)

Ellie:
>> > flesh or milk or anywhere else. I suspect that our instictive taste is
>> > so brilliantly designed that we naturally choose those foods which
>> > contain the amino acids we need for our specific protein makeup and which
>> > are digestable by our enzymes. So if raw milk tastes good to us, it
>> > should be what we need. What do you all think?

I would have poo-poo-ed such reasoning a while back (with all the standard
instincto arguments against dairy) but Melisa's relish of kefir leads me to
very much agree with you. Curiously, she doesn't care much for raw milk and
only occasionally likes butter now, but prefers the kefir (predigested?)
and gets clear stops on it--it goes "sour". And I still have no attraction
to any of it (except for some delightful butter early on, but that
attraction has disappeared completely).

So in all instinct (whatever that is) seems to be serving us well as
regards dairy. The problem remains as it does with most RAF: how to find
high-quality food--in the case of dairy, finding dairy from pastured
animals...:(

Anyway: welcome to the list, Ellie.

Cheers,
Kirt