RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 1997 08:18:06 -0700 (PDT)
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>:
>I am not sure I understand perfectly the meaning of "fruit". Could you
>quote which of the following should be considered as a fruit?
>tomato, cucumber, coconut, almond, peanut, pig's testicles.

Tom:
The common definition of fruit is imprecise. Tomato is considered a fruit,
and also a vegetable (it's a "vegetable fruit") by the common definition.
Coconut is considered a fruit by some, a nut by others. Almond is a nut,
and peanuts are a legume. The reproductive parts of animals are not
considered fruit.

The botanical definition of fruit is the part of the plant that contains the
seeds, so tomato, coconut, almonds are fruits by the botanical definition.

>Tom:
> In practice, the instincto diet generally centers on raw fruit and raw meat,

Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>:
>I know that raw meat is a crucial part of the diet of many instinctos,
>but many eat meat only _very_ occasionally, and can have a RAF-free
>diet for several weeks.

Tom:
Thanks for the clarification. I will add the information you give, to the
section on instinctive eating.

Regards,
Tom Billings