RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 26 Dec 2004 13:57:29 EST
>In a message dated 12/26/2004 9:40:36 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:
The URL below discusses fasting from a Buddhist monk's perspective.
Note the very interesting paragraph re: fasting was a spiritual hindrance,
not a help, to the Buddha.
I am posting this because it gives a different view on fasting and  may
interest some list readers. It is not my intention to promote religion.
Those who are anti-religion might be ofended by the URL below and should not
read it.
http://paramita.typepad.com/dharma_forest/2004/11/on_fasting_a_bu.html#more
PS on some other raw lists/bulletin boards, I see people discussing how their
diet allegedly makes them more spiritual. In my opinion, those views are
delusionary  and counter-productive - more likely to promote ego than spirituality.
Tom Billings<
WHEN WE EXCESSIVELY ABUSE OUR BODIES, OUR  INHERENT INTELLIGENCE, OUR GOD
WITHIN, DOES THE RIGHT THING WHEN IT CAUSES US TO WATER FAST, I.E.,
PHYSIOLOGICALLY REST
Why do we involuntarily go into sleep, comas, faint, become unconscious,
develop pains, tremors, paralyses, convulsions, fevers, symptoms, loss of hunger,
physiological dysfunctions, delusions, hallucinations, pathologies and
diseases? Our bodies are overwhelmed with excessive stress, excessive enervation and
excessive toxemia, with which our inherent intelligence, our God within, is
unable presently to cope and to adapt. Therefore our inherent intelligence, our
God within, forces us to physiologically rest, i.e., to water fast, so as to
homeostatically survive, despite our self-destructive incorrect physicality,
mentality,  emotionality and spirituality.
Our bodies always do the right thing. We are passengers on the train of life,
not the conductors. Since life began on earth, our inherent intelligence, our
God within, within each cell of our bodies, has learned to make the optimum
adaptation and resolution, to any problem to which our bodies are subjected.
Whatever stresses our bodies presently have, every cell of our bodies has
successfully learned how to cope with such, previously. It is already built into our
genes, our chromosomes and our DNA. Our inherent intelligence, our God
within, if it chooses to cause us to physiologically rest, i.e., to water fast, it
does so to protect us. This physiological rest, i.e., this water fast, helps us
survive, despite our self-destructive lifestyle, thinking, emotionality and
spirituality. Our physiological rest, i.e., our water fast, is for our
protective benefit.
Our need to physiologically rest, i.e., to water fast, will spontaneously
disappear, and genuine hunger will return, when the cause and need for our
inherent intelligence, our God within,  to cause us to physiologically rest, i.e.,
to water fast, no longer exists.
DR BERNARR     [log in to unmask]    310-396-2914
God Healing, Inc.                   http://www.healself.org