RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Nov 1996 11:46:14 -0800
You wrote:

>> P.S. I forgot to respond to this:
>>  >Please don't denigrate women by saying this.
>> I am not the one who degrades women Ray Kent is by deceiving them.
>> Furthermore, he insults their intelligence by first putting them on
>> pedestal (his often voiced belief is that women are superior to men)
>> then basking in their adoration.

>Just for clarification, Peter. I believe it was the statement. What he
>does have is a lot of charisma,  which attracts a lot of women
>devotees that led to the charge of denigrating women. It's been my
>experience that men are just as likely as women to be affected by
>charisma.

Of course. But only few of these men are attracted to Ray.  However,
you are right that I should have made myself more clear as I no way
meant to suggest that women are more suceptible to the lures of
charisma than men.

>BTW, any man who often voices his belief that women are superior to
>men sounds like a pretty wise fellow to me. ;)

Only so long you do not threaten his position of power or seriously
challenge his ideas.  I doubt you would get on with him very well
judging by how you are giving me a hard time. ;-)

>I do enjoy your posts, although, I must admit I prefer you challenging
>belief systems (as they pertain to veg-raw & overall health) to
>attacks of a more personal nature.

I agree and do not enjoy doing it myself.  But when I hear Ray Kent, of
all people, being admiringly quoted for having said, "there will never
be peace on earth as long as humans eat meat" which is not only
complete nonsense and an insult to all indigenous peoples, but also a
statement that only serves to promote more polarization & conflict in a
world already saturated with strife, I have to speak up.  For too long
we have allowed hypocrisy & zealatory to proliferate in our community.

>In pursuit of....

Thanks for helping me clarify myself on this issue.

>Sharon

Best, Peter