RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ombodhi thoren st john <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 01 Oct 1996 19:32:16 -0700
from page 43 of						[] = bodhi's clarification
		_remineralize the earth_
		issue 9    spring 1996  northern hemisphere

			the legendary longevity
			of the people of vilacamba [sp]

	reading re [remineralize the earth] #7-8 brought fond memories of friends i
dearly admired.  dr. bernard jensen, i knew from california and personal visits to
vilcabamba to study the old folk.  dr. william peavy, with four degrees in agronomy,
used to visit my humble trailer home behind kaweah historic post office (near three
rivers, california) where i raised a garden in humus i cleared off from a wild
blackberry patch.  last, i must mention margaret wylie of seattle, my art teacher at
kirkland jr. and sr. high school (page 69), now growing peas.  so while these people
mentioned have gotten me into writing another autobiography, let me get at it from the
rock dust perspective.

	my first experience pointing to the value of sr [soil remineralization] was at a
road side fruit orchard at valley center, ca where a man grew a garden entirely of
pulverized rock, mostly granite, with the least amount of humus i'd ever seen.  he grew
the most delicious and satisfying peaches, nectarines, and apricots i had ever eaten,
after my five months visiting vegetarians, mystics, etc., in 1938.

	i travelled to florida, and worked as chore boy for walter siegmeister, who
retailed colloidal minerals, rock dust, hardwood ashes, and sea kelp for sr.  i
performed experiments in the garden for him.

	later he followed me to ecuador, and was shortly with me in pujili, where
farmers grew excellent potatoes sprinkling unfired natural limestone powder into rows,
acre after acre.

	i was living next to the federal penitentiary teaching english, where i saw tons
of fine rock dust produced by stone-cutting convicts who squared rocks for building and
paving, and i thought of those delicious peaches grown on pulverized rock, and how
julius hensel explained sr in _bread from stones_ which i had read at siegmeister's in
1939.  in 1945, the opportunity to put it in practice came.  in quilotoa, i used beach
sand as a garden patch, digging trenches into which i buried alfalfa added with raw lime
rock that pulverized easily, and grew the most mineralized cauliflower, and other raw
salad vegetables without any diseases.

	i came to the loja region where i found people claiming ages of up to 150 years.
 so i re-established in vilcabamba in 1962.  the inhabitants explained their longevity
as due to "using water beaten on rocks" which they got every morning at the river.
"beaten up" water was ionized water, and when the heavy rains came there was a deafening
roar in the river with enormous rocks pulverizing themselves rolling down the steep
andes canyons, while the air was pungent with the smell of the ozone layer in the upper
atmosphere being replenished.  like the hunzas the crops the loja natives raised were
fertilized with mineralized silt, which replenish the ozone layer, chelate minerals, and
upgrades the food and life of humans -- in spite of their occasional alcoholism,
tobacco, pork eating, etc., they live long happy lives.  again the andes was world
famous now as "the sacred valley of longevity."  dr. leaf from harvard, dr. davies from
london, from heidelberg, japan, and all over were not quite up on sr as a diet factor in
longevity, attributing it to less significant factors.

	i have told why our canyons naturally produce stone meal for our soil, plants,
and centenarians.  however, in the rock quarries in every region of ecuador, squared
stones are made for buildings, etc., and crushed rock is made at gravel pits, or on site
of cement building.  i have hired children and women to pound gravel into desired
crushed stone at otavalo, vilcabamba and here building shambala sanctuary, which makes
rock dust.  otherwise, in composted vegetable boxes i pound stones into powder for
remineralization.  primitive living saves us from the environmental pollution of
gasoline crushers and transport.  a stone mason's hammer does the best job.  west of
east andes, at the foot of canyons like vilcabamba, there is no strontium 90 fallout,
the soils are naturally mineralized, and there is good ozone protection, and
remineralized food and people.

			johnny lovewisdom
			       loja, ecuador