RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 May 1997 11:32:57 -0500 (CDT)
Stefan said:
>If this isn't due to not drinking enough water before eating, it
>sounds bad.

Water helps the kidneys flush out nitrogen. If Zephyr is thirsty after
eating RAF and he is not dehydrated between meals, maybe he should
follow the RAF with some more high water content vegetables. It seems
that would be a natural thing to do anyhow.

>Still I think something is wrong here with Zephyr's RAF. Would he be
>able to let it go for half a year (even some steamed veggies I would
>consider here as a substitute as the vegans often do)?

There might be some sense in going a little easy on the RAF after a
serious bout with trichinosis but if that is not a concern, I do not
see why he should. I am surprised to hear that 6 lb. of meat is a lot
by instincto standards, and I am beginning to realize that instincto is
far from being a raw version of a the paleo-diet.

Ellie said:
>I forgot to mention that after eating much raw animal fat, my
>tryglercides dropped from 134 to 28, at another time 54. Some total
>cholesterols to HDL were were 188/91 (day after a doz eggs), 172/71,
>142/73, 136/62, 209/84. When my total value goes up the HDL always
>goes up as well. I think I'm doing well on raw animal fat. I have a
>lung tumor which has reduced in size and had severe lung disease, the
>symptom are nearly gone.

Congratulations with the progress, Ellie! Aajonus claims to have healed
240 cases of cancer on the high, raw fat that you are now following
and, except for loosing one person, with no relapse after five years.
The mother of a friend of mine has stage three leukemia and has just
started on the program. I will report back as I hear of her progress.

>Thank you. The hypothalamus is not protected by the blood brain
>barrier and is therefore highly susceptible to toxicosis from
>exogenous sources. In other areas toxicosis can occur from endogenous
>sources and in both cases of course there is adaptation. When the
>toxins, whether exogenous or endogenous, are released during detox
>crises, all kinds of symptoms of emotinal illness emerge as well as
>symptoms of so-called physical disease since the nervous sytem
>controls all our functions.

Interesting. Another book that might interest you is "Overload -
Attention Deficit Disorder and the Addictive Brain" by David Miller and
Kenneth Blum. The book talks about how genetic defect or early trauma
can cause defect in some of the neurotransmitter receptors and how
people who get addicted to alcohol and drugs are just trying to
reestablish the original balance in the brain.

Another interesting source of information is to be found is in the
Special Edition of Newsweek called "From birth to Three" that is about
to be taking off the newsstands. The most interesting parts are the
color images of two PET scans one of a healthy brain and one of an
abused brain that show a lot less activity in the temporal lobes of the
latter indicating that the child is suffering from severe emotional and
cognitive problems. These underdeveloped and oxygen-starved parts of
the brain are flooded with constant, toxic levels of the stress hormone
cortisol and as adults these brains will be 25-30 % smaller than
normal. What I am curios to know is what effects diet has on the level
of cortisol and oxygen in the brain. The latter I understand is
dependent on steady blood sugar levels which is why reasons
hypoglycemia can be so insidious but regarding cortisol I am blank.

Jean-Louis said:
>Peter came to anal fixation and it seems we are coming closer and
>closer to Sigmund Freud in our discussion. This promises a lot of fun
>because Freud amongst true discoveries found out a lot of nonsense.
>:-)

Penis envy comes to mind. :-) Freud's weakness was that his take on
human nature was so negative.  His visions of man beridden with
destructive urges that have to be controlled if civilization is to
prevail are more reflections of the fatalism of his own neurosis than
of reality. But Freud should be given due credit for having discovered
and chartered a huge amount of territory of the human psyche and
unconsciousness.

>Mr. X is an instinctive eater. He had been a vegetarian for 3 years,
>but his health didn't benefit from his diet as much as he would have
>liked.

Your story about Mr X was a delight to read and had me cracking up. :-)

Deborah said:
>I received permission from Dr. Michael Klaper to share with our list
>excerpts from a letter he wrote interpreting the stool sample results
>and commenting on Zephyr's diet during his recovery phase.

Great food for thought, thanks! I still believe as long we maintain a
strong immune system and only eat the highest quality RAF that we
should be fine. BTW, I ate two ounces of raw salmon today mixed with
cucumber and garlic. This is the most RAF I have eaten at one sitting
and it was quite an accomplishment. Being a RAF-eating vegan
sucks. ;-)

Deborah said:
>Wow, that's right.  How obvious but how heretofore unarticulated!
>Thank you.

When debating these issues last year on the list I expressed the
opinion that the more discipline is required to maintain a diet, the
less ideal & healthy it is. Considering the struggles I am going
through, I might add that I still hold this view so long the transition
period does not last forever (weeks or months - not years) and the
results begin to show without too much delay.

>Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona (AP) - Park rangers are killing =
>off some two dozen mule deer that have become hooked on junk food =
>left by visitors.

I recently visited Point Lobos Natural Reserve and they had signs up
warning of the same consequences of feeding wildlife. It is terrible
sad what is going on. Thanks for a very educational article.

Best, Peter