RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Liza May <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 May 1998 10:45:21 EDT
Hi Gerry!

Nice to see you on this list! ;-))

<< For the record, Liza, it's not the meat that tastes good, it's all the
things that have been done to it to enhance it's flavor.>>

These days I get so excited about raw bone marrow that I literally start
drooling and panting as I rip the bones out of the refrigerator (or package,
there in the parking lot, if I just can't wait).

I totally adore tender, melt-in-your-mouth hunks of juicy, tasty, yummy top
round or filet mignon.

And there is nothing as awesomely scrumptuous as fresh mackerel or (Mmmmm)
yellow fin tuna.

Also (double, no, triple Yummmmm) roe - any kind it seems - total yumness.

And OYSTERS!!!  Mmmmm!!! ;-))

All the above I eat completely raw, all by themselves, with nothing added to
alter or "enhance" their flavors whatsoever!! So, what do you make of that?

And - I'm not the only one!! There are many people, round the world and
through the ages, who are as nutty as me (maybe not AS nutty).

<< Think about it. How many people would enjoy slaughtering and then eating
the flesh of the animal they slaughtered all bloody and foul smelling.>>

Well, of course you don't eat it right then. You let someone else do the
icky act of slaughtering, and make them clean it up and get rid of all the gross
parts and the blood and all, and then make them disinfect it so it doesn't
smell foul any more.

No just kidding, just kidding.

Seriously though, you don't eat it immediately after the kill. The meat or
fish has to age. Look in the archives - there's tons and tons of great
discussions about this. And lots of people on this list can describe their
own experiences and let you know of other resources, if you're at all curious (I
don't think you are!!! lol lol )

<< Although some do eat fresh, unfired meat, they are in the minority, and
still "doctor" it up to disguise it's true taste with egg yolk, garlic,
spices, etc.>>

By "fresh" do you mean raw? And by unfired I guess you mean raw. As far as
being in the minority - yes you're probably right, although there are lots
more raw-meat eaters out there than you might think. I've met all kinds of closet raw-
meato's, including all four butchers (one German, one Dutch, one Cajun from
the bayou, and one 18-yr.-old Marylander) all hovering surreptitiously
around the Coleman's cases at our local Whole Foods market. ;-))

<< For the record, I used to be one of them. Now I find it repulsive to even
consider.>>

No one is trying to make you eat meat, Gerry! ;-)) If its repulsive to you,
than why even consider it? Anyway, from what I remember from the other list,
you sound like your health has improved dramatically since you went all raw
vegan, right? Who knows - things change - you may change all kinds of things
in your diet as life goes on (I would hope that anyone would).

<< However, like the smell of coffee brewing, >>

Iiicccchhh!! Eeew. Gross. This is nauseating to me. uf.

<<......the smell of grilled meat is somewhat intoxicating.>>

Weeelllll ...... if you buy into that addiction thing, then you can always
claim you're still an "addict" of cooked meat.

Or, on the other hand, you could always wonder wether your own healthy
appetite is  discreetly trying to tell you something, like, "YOU GO GIRL -
GO OVER THERE RIGHT NOW THIS MINUTE AND GRAB THAT STEAK OFF
THAT PERSON'S PLATE AND EAT IT UP STANDING GROWL RRRRR GRRR
RMPF ROWL SLOBBER)

<< But again, it's not the meat per se, but the "accents.">>

Maybe it IS the meat? This could be a possibility, right? Maybe no, but
maybe yes?

Anyway, glad to be talking with you here!  Hope all is well with your
family!

Love, Liza
[log in to unmask] (Liza May)