RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Hovila <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 16:15:21 -0700
>I've been a vegan for over 20 years & have tried Raw
>Foodism for over a year.  I can't seem to figure out

Andre,

Try increasing your intake of raw foods to 80% and see what happens.
Cashews are not really raw, though they are advertised as such.  I
think the
same may be true of pistachios.  Many people also are under the
impression
that rolled oats are raw, but I believe they are steamed.  Your other
cooked
foods may also be contributing to the problem.  I notice foul smells
when I
eat too much bread.  The tofu and soy milk are also cooked, of course,
and
may be hard for your system to digest.  A couple of short fasts would
probably also help.  You could try eating more sprouts, avocados and
fruits
to make up the difference.

Mark