RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Mayne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Aug 1998 14:17:44 -0400
Ward:

> All that aside, let's not let this discussion stray from taking seriously
> the ramifications that would ensue for redressing years of ecological
> imbalances by utilizing this important resource with utmost recycling
> efficency. Let our rallying cry be, "Carnivorous plants for equal rights,
> world peace, and environmental reciprocity!" :^)

Ok Ward, since the plants apparently can't speak for themselves (perhaps
Dr DooLittle knows how to communicate), i see you have taken it upon
yourself to demand plant rights. Now, some questions I have: can these
hungry plants really be considered evil (unlike poison oak, which *is*
downright scandalous) ? Do they have the ability to make moral judgements ?
Have you ever actually hugged a venus fly trap, or sundew ? What is so
special about these carnivorous plants that begs of you to mess with
their evolution through decree ?

Here in the ole south, we have here this highly opportunistic ivy
relative, known to most as "kudzu", which "consumes" acres of land,
trees, houses - anything in it's path - quite an omnivorous and equal
opportunity consumer. The only poisons which can slow down this scrouge
are now illegal, and they still come back next year. Do these plants
need any more rights or equality ? I even imagine that the wicked forces
of poison ivy combined with the militancy of kudzu would make quite
a formidable super destructive plant race.

PS: Ward, are you going wear wings and learn to fly for your upcomming
sacrafice ?

Regards,

David