RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ombodhi thoren st john <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 09 Oct 1996 07:19:19 -0700
 Robert W. Avery wrote:
> I'm a 3.5 year raw fooder, and I'd like to join your party.  My name's
> Bob Avery and my locale is "[log in to unmask]".

aloha bob!
	  welcome to the party!  thanks for joining us.  have you eaten
100% raw for 3.5 years, or mostly?  interestingly (to me), i also happen
to find myself hovering around that 3.5 year mark.  summer of '93 i first
heard about people who chose not to inflict heat damage upon their food.
 for the 3.5 year designation, i'd fall into the *mostly* category,
maintaining 100% rawness since the beginning of the year (ten months+).
	don weaver inspires me.  he's passed the 20 year benchmark, i
believe.  he told me he doesn't eat much of any fermented food.  my new
dentist, thomas stone, has followed his own lifestyle of live foodery for
35 circumambulations of the sun.  he told me his "secret" -- lots of
algae!  freshwater & saltwater.  the big three:  super blue green algae,
dulse, & nori.  (or maybe he had a saltwater big three with kelp
included?  i can't recall)  he liked spirulina as well, but gave a
thumb's down on chlorella.  his test involves eating a *lot* of one
algae, then using careful discrimination when it comes time for
elimination.  his poop turns green with chlorella, not so with the others
(sbga & spirulina & [all?] sea vegetables).  holy shit, indeed.  (some
assert that the bible refers to algae as "manna from heaven"
	i discovered mr. stone's existence through dorleen tong of s.f.
life (san francisco live food enthusiasts).  i joined the gang back when
they called themself the "sflfsg" (san francisco living foods support
group).  the name change definitely suits me.  thomas stone, d.d.s.,
tells me that an average week will put him through 40 pounds of citrus.
juiced & whole.  working part time, he makes it out windsurfing quite
often.  i encourage everyone to let this dental artist make your mouth
his canvas.  he'll coach you to the point where you'll never need to see
another dentist.
	party on, bob!

	fruitfully,
	    	   bodhi