RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lucia Ruedenberg Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 11:52:48 -0500
On Wed, 8 Mar 2000, Burton, Kate wrote:

> I went to the net and found this info in the Hallalujah diet
>
> http://hcrc.org/faqs/malkmus.html

this was kind of a useless site.

http://search.msn.com/results.asp?RS=CHECKED&FORM=MSNH&v=1&q=Hallalujah+diet

this was more interesting. the diet looks like a common sense healthy
diet
to me. I have heard of it, btw, just never examined it very closely.
It
looks like another version of how we've been eating for over two years
now, except for the sprouted bread. We don't eat bread and rarely even
eat
grains anymore.

My husband and I joined a detox group with Gary Null here in the city
for
9 months. It was very helpful to get us into new habits. We were
juicing
three times a day, eliminated diary and meat and sugar and coffee from
our
diet. we took powdered greens and exercised almost every day. We still
keep to this basic formula. After that, I introduced raw foods in to
the
equation (we eat organic only) and for over six months my husband took
raw
salad and vegetables to work for lunch (his office mate use to laugh
at
him). Today he added raw goat cheese to the salad since we just
ordered
some of this. But his weight is stuck and he wants to lose about 15
more
lbs. it's a puzzle. he's afraid to juice fast because of blood sugar
problems.

and so he muddles along. he began reading up on things on his own
recently
and right now he's into this zone diet. I'm not going to suggest
anything
else because it has to come from him. I just thought if anyone here
has
had experience with the zone diet, it might interesting and helpful.
Lucia