RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Sat, 21 Feb 1998 17:11:09 -0800
I was away from the computer for a week, and just returned. Wanted
to mention a few points concerning the NFL threats of lawsuits:

* Have you heard the saying that on Internet, lawsuits are the last refuge
of the incompetent?  Add corrupt to that, and you have a good short
description of NFL. :-)

* The truth is a great defense against suits claiming libel, slander, or
character assasination.

* I wonder if anyone will bother to prepare a detailed cross-reference
table, comparing the NFL book with "Raw Eating", on a paragraph-by-paragraph
basis? That and a copy of "Raw Eating" would make for interesting reading
for all of NFL's past (and future) media contacts... Sounds like a good
"public service" project to me! :-)  I don't have time for such an effort,
but others might...

* I recall that in his review of the NFL book, Don Weaver suggested that
one of the appendices of the NFL book was "cribbed" from Earthsave
material. Isn't "cribbing" plagiarism?  :-)

The raw community (Internet and off-Internet) is small and relatively
connected. I hope those rawists with some integrity, will make their disapproval
of NFL and their tactics be well known.  The ends do not justify the means.
Better to live in a "cooked world" with integrity and morals, than a
"brave raw world" (ala "Brave New World") without...

Tom Billings