RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 13:01:59 -0800
I agree with what others have said about where to get them, etc.  I just
wanted to add a little personal experience, which is... I don't eat the
white; it gives me a very nasty allergic reaction (I've never found fresher
or more natural eggs to help either).  So I separate the yolk and white the
usual way (by moving the yolk back and forth between the two shell halves),
then I rinse the yolk and pop it, pouring the contents into/onto whatever.
My favorite way to eat raw egg yolk is mixed with minced raw beef and a
teensy bit of garlic salt.  Yum!!

As for safety, people are funny about eggs.  I know two ladies who wouldn't
be caught dead eating raw cookie dough because of the risk of salmonella
from the raw eggs but who think nothing of putting raw eggs into their
homemade mayo and Caesar salad dressing.  Go figure...

:)