RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
[log in to unmask] (Rene Beresford)
Date:
Fri, 01 Nov 1996 05:28:29 +1000
to Doug Schwartz. (and others interested)
Thank you.  Do you mind if I ask you whether you, and some of the others on
the raw food trip, are actually scientists, or at least scientifically
orientated?
Some of the books you mentioned I have never heard of, neither seen here in
Aussie and I assume they must be hard to get hold of.
Anyhow, to get to my story.  What it relates to is actually very simple, it
points out that difference in constitution and absorption of nutritive
elements in our food and our reactions to it.
'Once upon a time' (!) I lived in a community, back in 1959/1960, about 130
km West of Brisbane in a nice country area.  There were approximately 50
people living there. (It was a religious community).  There were, what we
may call seniors, workers and students.  There was only ONE kitchen and only
ONE person who made all the meals for ALL of us and no exceptions for
anyone, younger, older, long time there or just arrived, we all ate the
same, breakfast, morning teas, lunch, dinner, afternoon teas, you name it.
We were, and also I was then still omnivores.  I lived there for 2 years and
at the time I was not aware of what was going on diet and food wise. (alas).
In those two years I never ever got sick, a cold, whatever, I was always
healthy, and there were others the same.
However, looking back and with what i am now aware of, there were people
there who were 'dead' sick.  Some had to go to hospital, some had regular
doctors visits, some had all kinds of medicine.   There were injuries by
some which healed quickly and for some it took ages to heal.  There were
colds, flu, headaches. there was also good and average health by others.
See what I am trying to bring out?  So many different people, all ages (all
adult though) all having the same food without exception,the same climate,
the same living conditions, yet the reactions were tremendous, maybe I don't
even describe it well enough, a pity that I have not a more clear evidential
picture of it and made a record of it (if only!!!etc.).  It would have been
great scientific evidence.   To me this means that, indeed we are all
different, without exception.  You may be well of on your predominant
vegetable diet, I may be well of on my predominant fruit diet, someone else
may be better of with something else again.  But, you know, over the years
of experience with the Network, I also have noted the great effects the mind
plays.  It is not just the physical, food, eating aspect that affects us,
more so, we are affected by our thought pattern and that applies also to the
subject of health.  Looking back at those 2 years, I can recall negative
attitudes in people and their related discrepancies in health, I recall very
happy and joyful friends there and they seemed always to be in good health
as I associated much with them.  I also recall friends who had 'chips' on
their shoulders and the consequent condition of their health brought that
out.        I also notice this these days in my communication with so many
in the Network.  Some people seem to get nowhere, and through the Network
and privately I am endeavouring to assist those people.
I thank you for your contributions, I will try to get hold of some of the
books you mentioned in the greater bookstores in Brisbane and Sydney. (do
you know the publishers?).   Please  note, if you not already aware of it,
that the Fruitarian Network is non-profit, voluntary, no pay, it is my
dedication and love to help and sssist humanity where I can and as best as I
can.  Thank you and peace and love to all.  Rene.