RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gary Orlando <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 11:24:40 -0400
Hello Stefan,

>A well known phenomen. Your body is just telling you that it needs
 foods of higher density than fruits and vegetables.

How do you know the difference between a craving for foods of a higher
density, and a past addiction?

> Another idea would be giving up vegetarianism. Lots of people have made
 the observation that being a cooked vegetarian or even vegan is not a
 problem at all. But changing to raw isn't that easy if you want to
con-
 tinue veg.

I, for one, found that being a cooked vegetarian was more of a problem
than
being a raw one, due to the constant "hunger" and lower level of
health.

> What your big brain needs to work isn't just sugar as the sugar in-
> dustry wants us to believe. It's   f a t. Fat is what the brain
> consists of. Since it permanently changes its connections and struc-
> ture it needs fat.

Do you have any support for this statement?  Should I also eat muscles
feed my muscles?

> Fruits and vegetables do not contain useful amounts of fat (I don't
> count avocados as fruits although they are botanically).

Why do you not count them as fruits?  Do you count cucumbers?

> For me a certain amount of fat in the diet is absolutely necessary.
> After a meal with fatty fish I dream better, think clearer,...

I'll take your word for it.  I seem to be thinking clearly without it,
so
may be an individual thing, or some other unknown factor.