RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Nov 1997 14:36:12 -0600
Ellie:
>Some psychologists claim that boredom is repressed anger.

I agree.

>If I look at creationism and find it lacking, and the creationists
>continue to try to convert me or preach at me, I will be bored, ie. I will feel angry that
>they are judging me based on what I believe is a view they are entitled
>to hold to, but not to force on me.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion, but I think that it is important
that we try not to overreact when we feel judged and preached to and pay
attention to how we are internally processing and interpreting what we are
perceiving as an external threat.
Somebody openly judging or ridiculing me does usually not get to me that
much - what I perceive as the indirect/ passive aggressive expressions such
as boredom do because I feel caught in a trap where defending myself only
makes the situation worse.

>I used to be a church goer, but now would be totally bored (angry) at the
>sermons, which I believe are judgemental and attempts to tell me I need
>help with my relationship with God.

But what if you are in denial and God is trying to reach you. ;-)

> If I offend you and hurt you, you have every right to be angry
>(bored) with me, but some guy on a soap box or in a pulpit has no cause
>to preach to me, and if I am bored, I need to remember that I have a
>right to feel angry.

Asserting ones right is not always the wisest thing to do.  In the Los
Angeles traffic with its eruptions of freeway rage it could cause you your
life.

Best, Peter