RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 00:05:31 -0700
>I'm wondering what people think about grasses.  Do instinctos have
>any desire for them?  Does anyone really like them  All tasted terrible
>to me, and I know I'm not alone in that opinion.  Do y'all think it is
>in the natural scheme of things that humans eat grasses?

my practice of instinctive eating invite me over and over to not think
there is no such thing, in the instinctive approach, as :this food is
good
or not good, it is changing accordingly to our metabolics needs...
In my past experience , i have been able to find grass delicious and i
experienced them awfull tasting (the instinctive stop is strong)
tomorrow i
don't know.
i had period when i could have said,  grass is food for human (when i
came
back from a 2 months trip in India where i lacked greens to the point
i was
dreaming about greens), but there is period when  i had no interest in
it.
generally speaking spring, for me, is green feast first because the
wild
ones are available at their best at this season, second because fruit
here
are the most lacking in the spring and my carbohydrates needs get
fulfilled
by vegetables.in bigger quantities.
in general i eat greens every day anyway.
i barelly consider fertilised (organic or not) lettuce as a green , i
want
my greens dark green like dandelion or corn salad , but at time an
iceberg
is very refreshing to me. so hard for me to know what is naturel or
not...
every living organism is potential food to me ! it is not up to my
mind to
judge either grass is or not a naturel food to eat for human. I am not
even
sure if i am human!
jean-claude