RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sandy Labedz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Nov 1996 23:13:45 -0500
Hi James,

Gordon thinks that it's difficult for an active person to get  sufficient
calories from an all raw diets without eating a great, and possibly
unhealthful, amount of fat from nuts and avocados.  So he thinks the raw diet
is nutrionally but not calorically adequate. He's seen me struggle with
periods of 95 - 100% raw which I have not been able to maintain because of
constant hunger and weight loss, this is one reason I still eat 10 - 20%
cooked food, I just haven't been able to figure out how to stay full and not
get any thinner.   I eat four + oz. of nuts, which I love, a day.   I'm very
active physically and have a speedy metabolism.  So any help on this matter
from you or anyone else would be much appreciated.  Have tried
soaked/sprouted grains many times and found them truly yucky.  I love nuts,
veggies and fruit but can't seem to eat enough of them to maintain energy and
weight.

Smiles,

Sandy