RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Tue, 7 Jul 1998 13:56:01 -0700
apparently someone in Australia, following the 21 day program of Jasmuheen,
an alleged "breatharian", recently died while following the program under
the guidance of a "spiritual healer". I don't know all the details. There
is a press release on it at the URL below. (The release is short on details,
but appears to be making rationalizations, at least in my opinion. Read it
and form your own opinion.)

http://www.selfempowermentacademy.com.au/l_breatharian.html

Note: the press release is in Adobe PDF.

If the above URL fails, do a net search on: Jasmuheen, breatharianism.
Should be easy to find.

Jasmuheen sells a 21 day course designed to transform you into a breatharian.
She also tells her followers that they can eat food for fun or social
reasons, and still be breatharians! Is there some deep, hidden spiritual
truth here, or is it what it appears it might be: someone selling a scam,
and re-defining breatharian, so that you will think the course actually
delivered on its promises? This is analogous to those "fruitarians" who
re-define fruit to include eggs ("chicken fruit"), yogurt (it has "ripened"),
and everything else imaginable, to be able to call themselves fruitarians
after a strict fruit diet fails for them (as it does for everyone/nearly
everyone, eventually).

We were discussing diet gurus recently on raw-food (and it spilled over
into veg-raw as well). This is an clear example of what the raw diet gurus,
many of whom are fakes, can do.

P.S. if anyone wants to cross-post this on the raw list, be my guest. The
folks on raw deserve to know about this. However, please double-check
the URL above first, as I make too many typing errors. :-)

Tom Billings