RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Eric (Ric) Lambart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Oct 1996 16:43:03 -0800
Shawn,
You asked:

>Do you know if any of those community projects are still going on in Latin
>America?  Do you have any addresses or contacts there?  It would be
>great if I could possibly visit one of them when I'm down there and see
>how they live.  Thanks.

Sorry.  The only places I've heard of lately would include John Lovewisdom's
place down in Equador (or Peru ?).  There used to be some in Costa Rica.
Both T.C. Fry and Dr. Edmund B. Szekely, ran places there, but not too sure
they're still operating.  Doubt seriously Fry's is, since, like most all of
his ventures, I suspect it long ago ran out of money.  You could contact the
Szekely children, who now run the Rancho La Puerta retreat and spa in
Tecate, Mexico, and they might know, even though the raw regime is hardly
the main theme at the Rancho.

Someone mentioned Gabriel Cousen's place in Patagonia, Arizona, but wasn't
aware that was much beyond the planning stages.

My guess is that someone, somewhere, is probably working away at the idea,
but have been too much out of the loop for too long, I'm afraid.  Bet
someone on this list has some good ideas.

Good luck, though, in your search.  Hope you let us all know what you find out.

Ric