RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Feb 1997 01:14:46 -0700
Pat:
>You've been fair to middlin' quiet...and you're looking a little
>wan...getting the biblio. done?

I suspect this was a private email that got accidentally posted but so
what, eh? Yeah, I've been trying to get some work done...

>Been saving this anouncement...ahem, I have been eating fruit instincto
>stlye for breakfast and veg (mostly roots) for lunch this past week, then a
>reasonable supper, avoiding sauces, cooking fats, but using steamed approach
>for veg. not readily cut-able, such as winter squashes.Even ate a raw egg
>yolk (supposedly cage-free, shells very strong, yolks stand up prettily, but
>still assumed I'd die in 48 hours  :))))

Delighted to hear you made it! Dealing with the queries in the emergency
room is the hardest, or so I hear. Or did you avoid the ambulance ride
somehow? ;)

>Last night had AL king crab mitout
>no melted butter nor nothin', baked yukon potato mitout no no sour cream,and
>raw kohlrabi mitout no no no heat.   ana itty bitty cookie... um, two, don't
>wan't my nose to grow   (:-O   And, Kirt, it was delicious.

The cookie? Savor it, lady! Down the line a ways, there's nothing like a
bit of comb honey for a sweet dessert, and your nose won't even be tempted
to grow ;)

You should have
>seen my grocery basket yesterday!!!

If the 5-fresh-a-day produce campaign guys only knew about such goings on,
eh? They'd have TV and mag ads showing rawsters on the beach frolicing in
the surf while eating carrots, licking raw buckwheat honey from each
other's navals, and losing that new date because they cooked their
swordfish. Oops, I guess they wouldn't care much about fish.

>(Except the egg yolk, my instinctive and trained no-no here left that ole
>egg somewhere in my esophagus, my throat just won't let it go on done  ;)

Like those famous rats going down the maze to get randomly shocked or fed
after pressing a lever, the raw egg started turning circle half way down
the "maze", eh?

Well, look at it this way: some people have the same reaction to their
first oyster, but I remember you saying that you have no problem slurping
shellfish...

Anyway, good on ya, as they say in New Zealand. :)

Cheers,
Kirt