RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jeff Kottiel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 1996 22:49:42 -0600
Dear Martha and others:
> Is anyone on the list who is doing all or mostly raw raising young
> children?  If so, what do you give them?  If all/mostly raw, are they
> happy with the food you're feeding them?

I've thoroughly enjoyed reading the exchanges about raw food with more
than mild interest, having had raw stints in my life (longest 100% was 5
months). However, because for me (and my food-compulsiveness) being all
raw is a long term project, I haven't really felt moved to write.

Until I read Martha's note asking for information and experiences with
raw children. You see, my wife is pregnant, and we're interested in
folks who've had experience with raw-food fed babies. Naturally, breast
milk makes up all of their diet for some period of time, but when do raw
pureed solids come into the picture? And what types of foods (fruits, I
presume?). Has anyone fed a baby solely raw food that would care to
share what foods, when introduced, raw for how long, and results? I'd
appreciate any thoughts when it's convenient!

Jeff

P.S. Ric -- In 1991, my brother and I were travelling around the country
living out of a van (we were raw at the time). We attended a Natural
Hygiene meeting in Los Angeles that fall and heard you speak!! You'd
been raw for 16 years and were absolutely inspirational! Keep up the
good work!