RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Nov 1998 17:46:37 -1000
Wes (on Eskimos):
>That high raw fat diet surely kept them warm.

Actually, I have read that it was the seal oil lamps and the incredible
thermal properties of igloos that kept them warm, if air polluted.

At the risk of being an Inuit (yes, I know, Jo, but are there any Inuit on
this list and does a trees falling in the woods make a sound if no one is
there to hear it?) expert ;) the idea is that it would be so warm in a
winter igloo (thanks to burning seal oil which isn't quite as clean as
natural gas but better than the peat moss of the traditional Irish who had
their indoor air pollution troubles) that they ended up naked and sweating.
;)

Just testing everyone's ability to diagram sentences containing parentheses
in smiley land ;)

Cheers,
Kirt

Secola  /\  Nieft