RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ombodhi thoren st john <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Nov 1996 13:41:27 -0800
aloha!
	i have read many reactions to _nature's first law_, and i still
intend to buy it.  why?  i had such a great time with mark looking through
it at his buddies house in santa cruz.  mark had just introduced me to
dennis "sunshine" nelson, owner of nelson's books, and i tore my eyes away
from shelves filled with the hygienic review, wellness messenger, health
science, & more, to page through the copy sent to nelson's books for
consideration.  mark & i couldn't stop laughing!  stephen, david, & r.c.
ended every single chapter in the book with the same sentence:
		cooked food is poison!

	if dennis decides to carry the book among his zillion other health
tomes, i'll pick it up from him.  otherwise, i've got the web site
bookmarked along with the other pages concerning rawness.
	when i do get around to digesting the contents of nfl, i suspect my
thoughts & feelings will mirror zephyr's.  i read his compassionate
criticism and felt in tune with it.  perhaps a mix of his humility with a
generous portion of laughter from mark & i, will mellow and sweeten the
taste of the nfl message.  does your raw thinktank employ others beyond the
core three?  hiring now?
	what i loved most from "greetings!":
-----------------------------------
>Do you think your idea is extreme?

Today's heresy is tomorrow's orthodoxy.  Every great idea once began on the
fringe.  We have to tell you, the response we have received from the youth,
ages 14 to 25, has been startling and incredible.  They know there is a lot
of power in what we are saying.  They don't believe we are on the fringe at
all, they see our message as being very logical and ideal for the future.
------------------------------------

	as a startling & incredible youth of 20, i know of the power in what
you say.  i don't *believe* you *are* on the fringe at all, and i hope many
see the living foods lifestyle as very logical and ideal for the future.  i
have found great success with introducing people to the raw way with joe
alexander's _blatant raw foodist propaganda_.  has he responded to nfl?  he
wrote of enjoying the forceful and clear style of arnold ehret, so i wonder
how he took nfl.  i myself talked to scores of people about arnold ehret,
but haven't felt inclined to mention him much, ever since i came across his
homophobia.  if someone brings him up, i'll rap mucusless diet, but i don't
feel comfortable promoting his books at this time in my life.  i've got so
many other great authors to gush about.  i'd like to hear more about raw
sexuality, especially from the gay & lesbian community.  i know of one uc
student who lived high-raw before "coming out".  he still likes men & raw
food, so from my limited knowledge they haven't negated each other.
personally, i have the constant experience of being mistaken as gay.  i
differ in so many ways beyond just diet.  long straight hair below my
shoulders, scraggly beard, creative interpersonal dynamics, pink/purple
clothing, and a couple of skirts in my wardrobe: i inspire the imagination!
 (off topic thoughtlet:  does ward wear a robe?)  as a sailor for
hallow'een, i learned later that some referred to me as "that gay sailor at
the party."  (confession: i attended a college party.  2 kegs!  i knew the 7
students who lived at the house, so they let me in free of charge, fully
convinced i wouldn't let a drop of their foul alcohol pass my lips.)
honestly, i don't mind that some (or most?) people think i love men.  my
common-law step-sister married a caring woman.  i just hope that a certain
percentage of the single female population will see me as a polyamorous
bachelor.  panfidelity now!  tribalize!  faithful nonmonogamy for me, thank
you.  it tickled me pink that y'all yakked of fruitarian polygamy before i
brought it up!  count me in!
	please contact dennis nelson for wholesale & single orders at:

		nelson's books
		127 mason street
		santa cruz, ca  95060
			order line: 408.429.5055

	i make no money from nelson's, just thought i'd offer a resource.

digging the weeds,  bodhi