RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Renga Rajan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 May 2000 16:48:46 GMT
Hi Karen

I appreciate your concern for us and your interest in sharing your
story
with us. Mahatma Gandhi is probably another example who lost teeth on
similar diet (or may be not - I just guess from your story). I believe
that
excess acidity results in loosing one's teeth. Fruitarian diet tends
increase one's acidity. I recollect when I was a fruitarian for nearly
4
months, all my teeth were looking yellowish, a sign of increasing
acidity in
my body; and also the gums were getting weaker. So no wonder for me
that
people loose the teeth after 20 years. Probably fruitarian diet
coupled with
rigorous fasting (typical ex: Arnold Ehret) would not have resulted in
such
problems as the periodic fasting helps to normalize the acidity.

Would you like to share more of your personal experience like, when
you
started raw food diet and when you gave up and what you eat now etc
etc.
Thanks and good luck

Renga