RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Feb 1997 21:58:17 -0700
Ombodhi says:
>	i'd like to learn accurate bow hunting, along with which species
>don't belong here.  introduced, non-native birds and other wildlife.  eat
>the animals that compete with indigenous animals.  anyone have some tips?

New Zealand has many millions of (and many millions of dollars worth of
dammage as a result) possums which were introduced for fur-farming early
on. They, honest to God, have possum hurls as fun events (like for school
fund-raisers!!) where there are prizes for the most possum carcasses and
for whoever throws (hurls) a dead possum the farthest.

Culture shock I'm telling you. The possums are a real problem for oragnic
market gardeners and orchardists. Happy hunting...

Cheers,
Kirt