RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Roy Holman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Aug 1998 01:17:23 EDT
Greetings from Seattle,

Actually I should say "Sleepless in Seattle".  I'm wondering if any of you
have any tips / thoughts on lower back pain.  Any suggestions are greatly
appreciated.

In short, I have had lower back pain, off and on, for about 20 years (I'm 42).
The pain really intensified these past 3 years - the variables being: 1) I
shifted to a 75% raw food diet (lots of fruit), and did lots of fasting:  a 2-
week distilled water fast, a couple 1 week water fasts, and a few juice and/or
herb cleanses for example.  I had intense cravings, and developed quite an
eating disorder.  2) I've been doing a job with quite a bit of lifting these
past 3 years.  3) Lots of spiritual / emotional healing work, and releasing of
fear, anger, etc.

The pain has intensified to the point where I am considering quitting my job,
and I often simply have to cut out all activities due to the extreme pain.

My feeling is that perhaps the vertebrae / disc area (which was already
partially degenerated as seen in x-rays taken 20 years ago) degenerated much
more due to the high % fruit diet and excess fasting / cleansing.

I am shifting my perception:  in order to heal this "constant cleansing", fear
of toxins, and need for purity and perfection mentality, I am switching to a
"rebuild and strengthen" focus, avoiding any fasts, cutting way back on fruit,
and eating high mineral stuff (sea veggies, liquid minerals, and even some raw
animal products: goats milk, eggs, honey, fish).  I want to exercise and
"play" more, but am limited due to the pain.  Yoga helps, as do hot / cold
showers, and meditation (kundalini energy).

Anyone have any thoughts?  Similar experiences?  Help!

Thanks!

Roy