RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 1998 15:34:05 +0000
Hi Liza and Jean-Louis,

>>Stefan:
>>If seaveggies are tasting great for you   a n d   you have a reliable
>>source for truly raw unprocessed quality then it's okay even if they
>>cause you some discomfort.
>Jean-Louis:
>I am quite confused. Why do you consider OK to eat a food that causes
>you discomfort, were it of the best quality?

I trust the instinct to protect you from severe discomfort and give
you a disgusting taste if the food would cause nasty problems. But if
the food is tasting great I never would expect such a thing.

Example for me: although I am eating Orkos' olives I find that they
cause discomfort in my joints. But not only they taste great, they also
smell luminous. So what is this for? I don't know and hope it's good for
me. :-\

Liza,
you wrote:
>If this is true, then I wonder what effects this intoxification have
>had - no particularly obvious symptoms stand out in my memory.
> Supposedly this dentist took as much care as is possible - swiping the
>whole mouth and throat with chlorella, using a rubber dam, also an air
>pump to suck all the released gasses into a tank, and he an the nurse
>wore gas masks.  It all looked very impressive, at any rate.

That's the best one gets and I would take it as "much care taken".
Okay. Perhaps you didn't suffer from drilling out your fillings then.

Liza:
>Are you convinced that mercury really poses a significant hazard? I had
>my fillings removed, and I guess will have the others removed too just

I am. If the fillings are intact they might be more or less harmless but
still they are leaking. Perhaps you can handle this but why should you
burden your body with this continuous leakage?

Liza:
>Good idea. I've tried this, but not very well.  I am OK for three days,
>(when I am eating only small amounts of fruit) and then sometime around
>the fourth day after a fast, when my hunger comes back ful force and I
>begin eating lettuce, celery, sprouts, etc. the edema begins, and just
>keeps going with the addition of every new food.

I think there must be something wrong with your kidneys. Did you have
a check? Also I would try if Cassia can improve the situation. Perhaps
your body tries to excrete something via the kidneys which would better
be excreted through the gut (sounds improbable admittedly)?

Liza:
>Stefan, at this point I have really become wary of seaweeds, since like
>I say, I can definately see a connection with the swelling and also
>itchiness around my eyes and neck.

MCSV sounds good and if they cause you too much discomfort then avoid
them awhile, then try again. I have problems with Orkos' olives (see
above) and if they become too hard I will give up the Olives (sigh!)
for awhile.

Instinctive regards,

Stefan

E-Mail: [log in to unmask]