RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ombodhi thoren st john <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Nov 1996 08:49:50 -0800
Bob Avery's bulletin:

> Strange advice, ombodhi, much of it poor in my opinion.  Too much
> emphasis on cooking, herbs.  And no amount of bleaching or other
> treatments will "neutralize" the mineral deficiencies of
> non-organically-grown foods.

> Thanks for the "book review."  I'll be sure not to buy it.

aloha!
	praise bob!
		   thank you for your honest opinion.  i happen to agree
with your assessment (too much cooking & herbs), and have never used
clorox on my food.  never even soaked my veggies in water.  (seaveggies,
nuts, seeds excluded.)
	remineralize the earth!  no need to convince me of the importance
of richly mineralized soil.  i would rejoin your statement with:

				And no amount of bleaching or other
treatments will "neutralize" the mineral deficiencies of
***organically***-grown foods.					      ''

	i hope my posts will encourage some to consider thumbing through
a copy if they see it on a store shelf.  perhaps some will even special
order it, but i don't think of it as essential to my health library
(although i haven't read the entirety yet, so my views may change...).
the *gentle* exercise section has diagrams i can't reproduce in email.  i
sent the group more tibetan ayurveda because i'd received positive
feedback and because i realize that much more general knowledge of
traditional chinese medicine & indian ayurveda already exists among the
members of this group.  the lack of literature on tibetan ayurveda
available on my journey to vibrant health prompted me to share the newly
acquired information with my raw sangha (raw community).
	all right, i've made it clear i don't agree anywhere near 100%
with the practices of tibetan ayurveda, but i admit to finding it
fascinating.  don't eat peaches with other fruits.  honey & oil?  you may
have suspected by now that i'll spend long hours working away (typing in
this case) to transmit messages mentioning john robbins (especially
friendly ones) and his work.
	water watch:  of the list of seven waters,rain, melted snow,
river, spring, well, sea, forest, i noticed with delight that i know many
of them.  the yes!tour visited a girl in pittsburg named rain; my
common-law step-sister chose the name river (giving up the name ramona,
(big impact of bob dylan's song _to ramona_ on her dad)); my friend
spring had a baby since i last saw her (before summer); i don't know a
sea, but i know the greatest ocean; and finally, forest started a food
club in high school with me: s.e.e. (students for educated eating).
honorable mention:  i know a 2nd forest through 2 letter i've read of his
in the m2m.  i have the feeling i'll make it out to hawaii to visit him.
 (and pangaia and ...)
	okay, who's ready for that milk enema?   mmm, goat or cow or
camel or rat or cat or human or oat or rice or almond or soy or clabbered
or ... what kind of milk?  butter bolus?  yogurt implant?  the universes
of experience open ahead of us - - - - = = = =

thanks,
	bodhi