RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"karen kellock Ph.D." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 May 2000 13:58:52 -0700
When I was a fruitarian I ate 3-6 avocados a day for twenty years.  I
have
heard this repeated so much by ex-fruitarians:  an addiction to
avocados.
I think it's a animal protein-substitute because now I have no taste
for
them at all.  Now that I eat fat and fish, I have a frig filled with
avo
from the past, and never eat them.  The dogs are enjoying them for
breakfast so they won't waste.
It was always such a juggling act--buying boxes of avo to make sure
they'd
ripen on time so I could HAVE MY FIX without which even worse hunger
would
ensue.  I remember Zvengali relationships developing with fruit
vendors
around the avo-situation-desperate need.  Man I'm glad to be out of
all
that!  Now I'mgetting the REAL THING...ANIMAL FAT AND PROTEIN, and
avocados
are only a dog food.